My experience and understanding of Burlesque was negligible. Ok I had some inkling it involved exposed flesh but beyond that – nada….
So when we were asked to do a Wam Bam Burlesque review, AKA London’s hottest and most celebrated Burlesque show, I was kind of intrigued by what I would find.
Ok, now your wondering what the hell has Burlesque got to do with luxury. Well, I was so impressed by my Wam Bam experience that it felt natural to categorise it as high end, luxury entertainment and here’s why:
• The evening is led by the incredibly cogent and alluring Lady Alex who glues each of the performances together with her needle sharp repartee.
• Choose to dine in style or stand on the peripheries, either way the Cafe’ de Paris backdrop provides appropriate levels of gravitas for a Burlesque London show.
• Tasteful, but slightly off the wall burlesque routines pepper the entire show. Think stripped down Moulin Rouge meets Star Wars – literally….
• During our visit the acerbic Joe Bor was performing a gritty bit of stand up comedy. However, you might just as easily find Richard Herring and his world famous heckle slamming routine… or the lovely Lucy Porter.
• My personal favourite act was the musical routine by Frisky and Mannish. Funny and musically gifted.
• Finally, to spice things up a bit, Wam Bam throws in some pretty decent magic performers such as Barry and Stuart.
All in a all a very pleasant evening spent at Wam Bam in Central London.
Disclosure: For this blog post we were able to gain access to a sample product or service.
To see our full Disclosure Policy please click here.