We took a brief look at probably the most expensive and most desirable car on the planet here when we included the Bugatti Veyron in a list of potential gifts for a billionaire.
But the Bugatti now has a potential rival in the form of the Ferrari P4/5 (awful name in my opinion) which is in effect a suped up Ferrari Enzo. So how does it measure up.
- The body is composed of a unique carbon fibre.
- Designed by the iconic Italian firm Pininfarina.
- Incorporates the performance of the Ferrai Enzo.
- The P4/5 has a clear glass canopy stretching from the windscreen over the roof and engine, all the way to the rear, and incorporates a pair of gullwing doors.
- The Enzo`s twin radiators have been amalgamated into a single unit to allow a shorter nose.
- White ceramic exhaust pipes emerge from the rear deck.
- Two racing seats feature unique fabrics.
- The dashboard has been simplified with a digital display.
- Phone system that works anywhere on the planet.
- iPod dock on the centre console.
- The steering wheel features the same paddleshifters as the Enzo.
- Six-speed gearbox.
- The engine is a 660bhp 6.0-litre V12.
- The weight is less than the Enzo falling by 55kg to 1,310kg.
- Aerodynamically tested, the P4/5 has a potential top speed of 225mph, up from the Enzo`s 217mph.
- There appears to be some dispute on the price tag which is reported to be anywhere between £1 million and £2.5 million.
Official public launch is set for Pebble Beach on the 20 August followed by an appearance at the Paris Motor Show in September.
Disclosure: For this blog post we were able to gain access to a sample product or service.
To see our full Disclosure Policy please click here.